Change of Menu for Gribbin and Connolly Schools Only:
Lunch will be Mozzarella Sticks (no pizza sticks)
December 2015 Menus
November 2015 Menus
My School Bucks
School Lunch Program
Glen Cove CSD is part of the National School Lunch Program. Breakfast and Lunch is offered in all schools district wide.
Meals are prepared in accordance with the United States Department of Agriculture regulations. New regulations have been set starting with the 2012-2013 School Year based on the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans. These new guidelines support what we are working towards through our District Wellness Committee.
Major School Meal Changes:
- Students are required to take a serving of fruit and/or vegetable as part of the meal
- Calorie minimums and maximums have been set for grade levels (K-5, 6-8, 9-12)
- More variety in vegetables featuring dark green and red/orange varieties and beans/legumes.
- Increase in our whole grain offerings
- Plain low-fat or fat free milk or flavored fat-free milk options
- Decrease in saturated fat and sodium.
- 0 grams trans fat
We are proud that our district has already been in accordance with these requirements’ previous to the mandates. We continually look for new menu items to offer to enhance the program for our students.